Toornament

Schedule your Summer Tournament Games Here
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Toornament

Post by jarik »

I have created Toornament competition for this season - https://www.toornament.com/tournaments/ ... nformation

When JRCO starts the in game tournament I can update Toornament configuration so that matches are shown in same order as they are played.

To make this work we need to enter code from after match screen to web page so then Toornament can upload game data from servers. I know it is stupid that API seems really limited and we need to do some manual work here.

I wish everyone would register to Toornament and send me email address they used there so I can give permission to add results. Other valid option is also that you post game code to days schedule thread (one where all games are listed, not your own...) or PM it to me.

As Toornament has usable API I plan to do something using that, right now thinking about Twitter bot commenting on matches :mrgreen:
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
JRCO

Re: Toornament

Post by JRCO »

Great initiative .

Just to make sure about the code we are speaking about can you explain or show with a screen shot where to find it ?

Thank You
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

It is in game result view.

I will check if you can get that code from old matches, I am quite sure you can but just to be sure.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
jarik

Post by jarik »

It seems that you can get that code if go from team view to history and select match from there. If you go from league to schedule and select match from there value is empty. So if forget to get code go from your team to history...

And I have now configured the matches so if you see any errors between what Toornament shows and what game shows just tell me and I fix it.
jarik

Post by jarik »

There is now direct link to Toornament page under season main level. Also I added standings widgets for league and playoff stages.

Lets see how these actually work. And I hope that after season people could comment if they find these Toornament things helpful as we get more information automatically available on web, or painful as we have to get that ID to link game to our competition.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

What if a game is admnided ?

Is there a code ? Can you feed toornament manually ?
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

Yes, you can enter results manually also.
jarik

Post by jarik »

After first match we realized that we have no idea where to actually put that Toornament ID :? But I will ask them and hopefully we will find out soon.

If you have your email configured to Toornament then you can report your matches there, I could actually just copy emails used on this forum to Toornament. If anyone wants to use different email, or doesn't want their email given to Toornament, just PM me. Right now as we didn't find place for ID it is just scores. And actually their page says that currently there are some version upgrade going on and they don't get advanced statistics at the moment.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Got confirmation that advanced stats and entering Toornament ID is currently broken. It is on top of their todo list and hoped to have that working during this month.

When entering game add Toornament ID into notes (just in case we want to update them later and get all the stats) and notice that you actually have to select if game was win/draw/loss because it doesn't understand that from score, and if you don't give that game isn't registered properly.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Configured email used on forums for each team in Toornament so now you can register your own games.

Return to “Scheduling”