2018 WC Qualifier Tournament Rules

Informations and Rules
JRCO

2018 WC Qualifier Tournament Rules

Post by JRCO »

All coaches wishing to join the 2018 World Cup Qualifier must agree to the following rules. If you do not accept any of these rules you will not be permitted to join.

You may enter in this Qualifier if you are already in another league's qualifier as this is Officially allowed by Cyanide.

General rules

1. No Rage Quitting. Also you may not quit early

2. Disconnects: Once will be a warning if there is a good reason. Too many DC may result in removal from the tournament (No matter the circumstances). The coach who had the disconnect will lose the match as stands unless the other coach wishes to (by choice) reset and replay the game.

3. No glitches or cheats of any kind.

4. This is a friendly league. No bad manners (BM) or you will be removed and possibly banned from the league.

5. Expected play with 3 minute turns. The mandatory deadline to play each match day will be set in the message launching the week.

6. If you wish to join please leave a message with your ingame name in Sign Up Section.

7. By Cyanide & Focus decision, because there will be prize money, you must be at least 18 to enter the competition.

8. Qualifier will start early April and end lates June or early July 2018

2018 World Cup Qualifier Format

1. Fresh teams only, any BB2 races , no mixed team allowed at start each squad mut be of 11 players minimum.

2. The Tournament format will depend of number of coaches engaged. We expect a regular season with 6 or 4 teams per division and play offs deciding the qualified team. Number of play offs teams will depend of number of teams entering the tournament and will be announced prior the start of the first game. We expect The top two teams will progress to a knockout tournament & eventual Wild card places for the knockout tournament will be allocated as needed to ensure even numbers in the knockout stage of the qualifier (8 teams, 16 teams, ....... etc).

3. If for any reason we have to allocate an AI team within a division, in order to ensure equity all games against AI teams will be admined as a 1-1 draw (5 spp for MVP + 3 Spp for a TD on a random player) or 2-1 Loss for the AI team, which ever solution provide the more fairness to the competition.

4. Player will have to organize their game within the timeframe defined in the message that will launch the week. If a game isn't played, player will have to send a message to the organizer, named the Ogham Elders (see names below) to claim the admin result they think would be appropriate and why. Elders decision will be motivated and communicated to the respective players.

5. Play offs will be played by teams emerging from divisions. Play offs won't use resurrection mode.

6. Players must be able to play once per week. Mandatory deadline to play games are set in the launching message.

7. We will have 3 minute turn timers

8. Aging is turned off.

9. Stadium upgrades and enhancements are allowed and can be used for the duration of this tournament.

10. Autovalidation of games

11. As set by cyanide & Focus we are attributed 1 ticket, means , the winner of the tournament if not qualified via other ways will be qualified for the world Cup final.

12. In case of question or contestation you can turn to the New Ogham Elders : (JRCO, Jarik, Segosa, Soleil Noir, Felryan & Zeldorn)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018 World Cup Qualifier Tiebreaker rules for division phase:

This section explains how Tie Team are departed whenever it needs to be.

1. Best TD differential
2. Whomever had won the last Head to head match
2. Higher amount of wins
3. Higher TD scored
4. Higher amount of unused gold
6. Team who has the highest SPP player over the other. If this is tied then next highest SPP player and so on.
7. Random Dice
Last edited by JRCO on 18 Apr 2018, 20:16, edited 10 times in total.
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Re: 2018 WC Qualifier Tournament Rules

Post by jarik »

Are mixed teams allowed? Would assume no but might be good idea to explicitly state if they are allowed or not.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

jarik wrote: 15 Mar 2018, 17:05 Are mixed teams allowed? Would assume no but might be good idea to explicitly state if they are allowed or not.
Good point .I make the modification.Only Official BB2 race are allowed. No Mixed teams.
Superbowl VII Champions
Bane182
Timezone (OGT): 0

Post by Bane182 »

Will it be eternal or resurrection format?
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Bane182 wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 21:41 Will it be eternal or resurrection format?
It won't be resurection, so I believe it will be what you call "eternal" (Same team throughout the whole tournament, Casualties count and stand, Spp acquisition).
Superbowl VII Champions
Pjovejas

Post by Pjovejas »

I'm new in BB2, though I have played in fumbbl.

So maybe my questions are newbish, but still:

As far as I understand I have to create team for this tournament. How I get news, pairings etc.? Ingame messages? Will my scheduled oponent appear ingame, or I'll have somehow to find it and play "friendly match"?
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Pjovejas wrote: 30 Mar 2018, 10:18 I'm new in BB2, though I have played in fumbbl.

So maybe my questions are newbish, but still:

As far as I understand I have to create team for this tournament. How I get news, pairings etc.? Ingame messages? Will my scheduled oponent appear ingame, or I'll have somehow to find it and play "friendly match"?
Welcome !

Thanks for your questions :

- Yes you will have to create a new team 1 of the 24 standard BB2 races (No mixed team allowed)
- You will receive News by PM in your ingame mailbox, but all news will also be found on a specific world cup Forum on this website (That I will create when I will launch the competition)
- Pairing : you will be attributed a division and will have to play all your opponent , ingame will do the pairing.
- To join your division, I will send a ticket to your team and you will just have to accept it
- To arrange a RDV with your opponent, there will be a scheduling thread created specifically for this purpose. If want to see what it looks like, you can observe the scheduling thread of the regular season underway : http://newogham.datagnomes.eu/phpbb3/vi ... .php?f=138
- When you have arranged your RDV with your opponent, just open your game at the agreed time and date and go in "play in a league" section" , then select your team shield. In a shield on bottom right appears your opponnent and below you can see if he is online or off line. When you see he is online you just press the invite button, when both have push the invite button the game is launched. May sound complicated but you will see it is not.
- To communicate with your opponent use the scheduling thread or PM from this site or exchange with him your steam account and use it to communicate.

Hope this answer your questions. Let me know if you have others.

Cheers
Superbowl VII Champions
Pjovejas

Post by Pjovejas »

One more question: what is this timezone abbreviation OGT? :) Can't find it in google even :)
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

OGT is a site custom and stands for "Official Ogham Time".

OGT is either CET or CEST depending on the period.=> Same time Than France, Germany, Spain, etc.....

It is currently CEST = UTC+2=GMT+2

During world cup you are free tu use the time referential you prefer as long as it is understandable by your opponent.
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 14:46 OGT is a site custom and stands for "Official Ogham Time".
I think it is Ogham Game Time, but it seems that we have lost official documentation for it when changed forums.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.

Return to “Informations & Rules”