Big Bob, the official Twitter commentator

Everything that doesn't belong to somewhere else
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Re: Big Bob, the official Twitter commentator

Post by jarik »

If you could have one thing from match/league/player data what would it be?

More detailed commentary on games? Commentary on some star players or better view what is situation on division rankings?

Or perhaps you would like to see data on forum or on some external website?

And maybe you are just waiting for decent and open api to match data so you can make something?
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Segosa
Timezone (OGT): 0

Post by Segosa »

Just one thing. On such a sentence :
With draw against 112th Brute Brigade Leaping Devils should keep their position near the top. But certainly they would have preferred win here.
a comma is missing after
With draw against 112th Brute Brigade,
It will make it easier to read such comments.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Thanks. If there are any more comments or new additional lines on https://github.com/jarikujansuu/bb2/blo ... nking.json or other templates anyone can do pull request on github or just ping me.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Seems that Cyanide servers are extremely unreliable and fetching data has started to fail. In last two days about 1/3 of times it has actually worked. And because bot doesn't really have any fail safe functionality there it will be missing quite many matches if things continue this way.

How damn hard can it be to make somewhat reliable endpoints for fetching data :(
Njord

Post by Njord »

jarik wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 23:36 Seems that Cyanide servers are extremely unreliable and fetching data has started to fail. In last two days about 1/3 of times it has actually worked. And because bot doesn't really have any fail safe functionality there it will be missing quite many matches if things continue this way.

How damn hard can it be to make somewhat reliable endpoints for fetching data :(
Should not be that difficult. 😉

I’m starting to wonder if Cyanide is beginning to abandon the game? No official announcements, no new DLC and the official forum is dead as a door nail.

There was some effort around the World Cup but after that, nothing.

But I guess that when you choose this kind of business model, this is how it goes.

Best regards,

Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
jarik

Post by jarik »

my Cyanide contact when asked about connection problems wrote: No changes at all.

But lot of webservices calls from the community and our server getting old and is issuing lots of timeouts recently.

Changing it is on our todo-list, but not the highest priority right now.
So I assume that they are running that on some old laptop and will upgrade it when someone gets new one :lol: I think we can assume that they are not running stuff in cloud as in properly done system such upgrade would be trivial change.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Yesterday Njord asked if Big Bob could get some more info from goblins at the HQ and we thought it could be good idea to post this to forum and see what others thought also. Posting this under Big Bob who comments things in Twitter even when most likely some of these things would go to website instead of Twitter.

I think division could be that current situation, or things that happened in match or round, could go to Twitter and then more long lasting things on work better on website. Of course this could be so that data is in both...
Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 10.32.31.png
Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 10.32.31.png (215.69 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
For example it is possible to get all stats from game, for team and individual players. It is not directly possible to get who killed who but you know who did the killings, or for example most running yards in single match type of statistics.

For Hall of Fame there is direct endpoint and also for player/team history. Head-to-head stats and rankings require some work.

For general New Ogham wide statistics there is endpoint that gives this info. Obviously this data is not for New Ogham :)
Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 11.18.36.png
Screenshot 2019-02-21 at 11.18.36.png (101.75 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
Njord

Post by Njord »

Well, I think this is cool and it would definitely add some more flavour to our league. :) Maybe would be possible to use this kind of stats to award different achievements every season?

Best regards,

Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
jarik

Post by jarik »

I agree with Njord, for me small things like this are why I enjoy playing in league. And I do ❤️ predictions JRCO writes in scheduling messages, even though goblins don't always seem to understand greatness of the ogres :lol:

I think the biggest issue is doing semi-decent visualisation of the data. But I could start with getting the hall of fame data visible as data is available allready. Anyway have to do something with the bot backend as need to move it to my personal AWS account. Perhaps as first step I just get the data as plain html and try to do any pretty stuff after that.

But if anyone is handy with web and wants to help you know who to talk to :D
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

If it was possible that would be great.

Here an example of what a french league does, if it was possible to mirror that, it would be nice : http://ligue-bloodbowl.fr/classements/chpt.html?sx=146
Superbowl VII Champions

Return to “General Discussion”